Friday, July 22, Autobahn Country Club will be hosting the Spec Miata Driver Seminar. The seminar is open to all SM and SM2 racers looking to build on their knowledge and experiences in the highly competitive SM and SM2 championships. The seminar will also be supplemented by three on-track sessions on North Track.
The event will be held in the Hagerty Lounge and led by Britt Casey (Chief Instructor of Driver Development). The goal of the SM Driver Seminar is to improve lap times and consistency while also expanding knowledge on the importance of pre-race car prep, data recording, and race craft.
As a group, we will analyze, critique, and discuss video and data to better understand where speed is typically lost and gained at Autobahn in a Spec Miata. In addition to video and data review, there will be presentations between each on-track session to further the understanding of driving a Spec Miata faster.
Topics for the SM Driver Seminar Include:
- The Importance of Spec Miata Racing
- Brake Application Styles
- Timing of Throttle Inputs
- Minimum Corner Speed
- Gear Selection Strategy
- Steering Inputs
- Corner-Dependent Driving Styles and Lines
- Proper Car Prep and Recording Setup Data
- Race Craft Scenarios
Requirements for Participation
- Current SM/SM2 Racer at Autobahn
- Tires with Sufficient Life for Three Full Sessions
- Onboard Camera with Fully Cleared SD Card
- Optional: Onboard Data System with Latest Firmware Updates (AiM, Motec)
Fee for Participation: $150
Please RSVP to the Autobahn App or by emailing email@example.com