Autobahn Driving Instruction
Tony’s impressive resume includes driving just about every racecar imaginable!
- Test driver for race teams and chassis, tire, and brake manufacturers since 1979.
- Professional driving coach since 1980.
- Data acquisition specialist and race car engineer since 1988.
- Defensive driving instructor since 1992.
- ChampCar (formerly CART) Race Steward during 2003 season.
- 1972-present Competed in amateur and professional races.
- Tested or raced over one hundred fifty different race car chassis types, from small sedans to 200 mph open cockpit prototypes.
- 1973-present 28 amateur and 9 professional race wins
- 1975-2002 Competed in Grand Am, ALMS, IMSA, and 24 Hours of LeMans in Prototype and GT classes, best finish second at 2002 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona.
- 1983 SCCA Formula Ford CenDiv National Champion.
- 1990 SCCA Runoffs Formula Ford National Champion, second largest margin of victory in history. Received Gwinnett County Sportsman-ship Award.
- 1991 SCCA Olds Pro Series Champion.
- 1992 Inducted into the Invitational Road Racing Drivers Club (RRDC)
- 1992 Member of Oldsmobile Aerotech world speed record team.
- 2001 Won GrandAm Cup Daytona Finale in ST class (BMW 328) after starting last.
- 2002 Honored at Porsche Cup ceremonies at Weissach as one of the top Porsche racing drivers worldwide.
- Hourly Rate $125
- Private Advanced Instruction
- Lead Instructor, Individual & Corporate Group Events
- Lead Instructor – Defensive Driving Programs
Ben discovered his passion for motorsports at a young age, after being introduced to go karts. Upon finding the Autobahn Country Club in 2005, he spent his early years honing his skills at the kart track. Ben then progressed to endurance racing in Spec Miata and GT cars, as well as Formula racing.
As a driving instructor at the Club since 2014, he has taught all the programs the Club has to offer. Over the years, he has also worked on automotive manufacturers’ programs and performance driving experiences around the United States. Ben’s friendly and relaxed demeanor, combined with his expertise and passion for driving, is a tremendous benefit that our members should take advantage of both on and off track.
- Hourly Rate $125
- Private Instruction
- Guest Driver Orientation
- New Member Orientation
- Corporate Group Events & Defensive Driving Programs
- Member Relations
New Policy For Outside Driving Instructiors
The Club is continuously evaluating its policies and procedures in an effort to develop and implement best practices to protect the Club and its members. Many members bring in outside driving instructors from time to time to help them in their pursuit of becoming better and faster drivers. The Club has no issue with this and has developed a policy to insure that all outside driving instructors meet Club standards and sign certain documentation designed to protect the Club.
The required documentation includes an annual agreement between the instructor and the Club which is good for an entire season and sets forth a schedule of fees. This annual agreement is required to be re-executed each year. Additionally, a waiver form signed by the outside instructor and the Club member to whom the instruction is being provided is also required each time the outside instructor is here providing instruction services. Both of these forms are attached. Hard copies can be obtained from Kevin Rodgers.
This policy will take effect on June 20, 2017, so if you utilize outside instructors, please arrange to get these forms executed as soon as possible.