Sunday, August 22nd, Autobahn Country Club would like to invite you to participate in the GT Driver Seminar. This event is open to all GT series competitors and will be focused on improving lap times on the South Track.
This event will be led by Britt Casey Jr. (Chief Instructor of Driver Development) in the back room of the Member Clubhouse. The goal of the GT Driver Seminar is for all drivers to lower their lap times and increase their competitiveness at Autobahn in a seminar format.
As a group, we will analyze and critique participant video and data to better understand where speed is typically lost and gained at Autobahn. The GT Driver Seminar will include three on-track sessions supplemented by debriefs and presentations to discuss the principal aspects of making fast laps.
Topics for the GT Driver Seminar Include:
- Brake Application Styles
- Minimum Corner Speed
- Gear Selection Strategy
- Steering Inputs
- Corner-Dependent Driving Styles and Lines
- High-Horsepower Throttle Control
- Effects of Differential Locking and Ramping
- Race Craft Scenarios
Requirements for Participation
- Current GT Racer at Autobahn
- Tires with Sufficient Life for Three Full Sessions
- Onboard Camera with Fully Cleared SD Card
- (Optional and Recommended) Data System with Latest Firmware Updates (AiM, Motec)
GT Driver Seminar Schedule
- 7:45AM Arrive at Clubhouse to Discuss Goals for the Day
- 8:30-8:50 Warm-Up Session (A Group)
- 9:00-10:55 Classroom Presentation on Driver Inputs
- 11:10-11:35 On-Track Session 2
- 11:45-12:15 Lunch
- 12:15-2:15 Discuss Last Session and Next Session Goals Presentation
- 2:30-2:55 On-Track Session 3
- 3:05-4:00 Final Discussion, Questions, Wrap-Up
The Price for Participation in the GT Driver Seminar is $150 with Lunch Included.
Please Register for the GT Driver Seminar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the date for these additional Track Experiences
Aug 26- Track Walk (North) 8:30 am
Sept 11- Miata Driver Seminar
Sept 18 Track Walk (Full) 5pm